Frequently asked questions about our glass bottom boats
– Can I break the bottom glass?
– Bottom glass of our boat made of ultra-durable modified acrylic. It's more solid than fiberglass boat hull. So it's impossible to brake the glass while cruising or on occasion.
– What will happen if the bottom glass is broken however?
– Each our boat has 3 hermetic buoyancy tanks which make it unsinkable. So every boat even without bottom glass and fully loaded is able to reach the shore in 10 knots speed without help.
– What's the seaworthiness of LOOKER?
– Our glass bottom boats have great seaworthiness in rough sea. LOOKER has been tested in comparison with ordinary 30 ft boat and showed much more comfort in the waves of 1 meter height.
– Can the hydrofoil be damaged?
– Hydrofoil of LOOKER boats is very solid and it can be damaged only in the case of collusion with barrier in max speed. Anyway hydrofoil is a replaceable part supplied by PARITETBOAT.
– What's the fuel consumption of LOOKER?
– Our bestseller LOOKER 30 has the best fuel consumption in the class 50 lit. /100 km (4.7 mpg or 30lit. /hour).
– What engine should I choose for glass bottom boat?
– PARITETBOAT installs in glass bottom boats various engines by different manufacturers; it could be outboard gas or inboard diesel engine. The best way is to choose the engine of manufacturer, which has authorized service center in your area to get the easiest maintenance. In general, inboard diesel is more economical; outboard is cheaper and easier to serve. So choice is up to you!
– What maintenance should I make while operation?
– Our boats are very easy to maintain: bottom glass cleaning once a week, anti-fouling paint and zinc anodes change once a year. Engine maintenance according to manufacturer's manual.
– What is the corrosion resistance of your boat?
– LOOKER glass bottom boats are made of special sea aluminum alloy of great corrosion resistance. More over all the boats equipped with anti-corrosion zinc anodes.